September 12, 2014

Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Medium Brown, Chocolate: before & afters, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

If you didn't know, Anastasia released three new shades of their Dipbrow Pomade not too long ago. Just after I purchased the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate from Sephora, Ulta released the new shades online.... turns out I needed one of the new shades to be my better match - as Chocolate was a bit too warm toned for my brows. I ended up purchasing the shade Medium Brown from Ulta and I returned the Chocolate shade to Sephora.

I have the shade Medium Brown to show you in this post, but also a few pics of shades Chocolate and Medium brown next to each other and swatched next to each other -- as well as my before & after pic using the shade Chocolate, and Chocolate combined with the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo (I have a separate review on the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo coming up tomorrow!).

This has been one of the best brow products ever in terms of ease of use, staying power and color (now that Medium Brown was introduced). Read my full review below, along with all the product info, after the pics!


Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade
Shade: Medium Brown






 


** In photos this is pulling warmer than it is in person. This is an ashy brown -- Medium Brown is Anastasia's new name for the Medium Ash shade. **












** Camera did not pick up how warm toned Chocolate is when swatched below next to Medium Brown. But in the above photos you can see how much more warm/red in tone it is compared to Medium Brown, which is an ashy brown.  **


Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $18.00 (0.14 oz full size). Available on the Anastasia website, at Sephora, at Ulta, and everywhere else Anastasia Beverly Hills products are sold.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

Product Info...

Creamy, waterproof brow color ideal for defining and sculpting precise, smudge-free brows. An all-in-one brow product, or pair with a brow pencil or brow powder for a softer look.

Works as a brow primer and provides color, sculpture, and shading. It's great for anyone, but ideal for oily skin and in humid climates.

Use with the Anastasia Brush #12 for a completely smooth, effortless application.

Now available in 8 shades:
  • Auburn
  • Blonde
  • Chocolate
  • Dark Brown
  • Ebony
  • Taupe (one of the new shades)
  • Medium Brown (one of the new shades)
  • Soft Brown (one of the new shades)



My Review...

This is a product I initially held off on buying. It was super hyped up and although I love Anastasia brow products, I didn't know if I would love the brow pomade. Plus, I had been using the Tarte Amazonian Clay Brow Mousse for years (since 2011) and I felt if I had that one I didn't need this one. But after much lust for this product, I decided to go ahead and order it.

Choosing a shade was what I wasn't sure about. I was trying to decide between Chocolate and Dark Brown - only thinking of Dark Brown because I was afraid Chocolate would be too warm toned. But I also thought Dark Brown may be too dark. I ordered the Chocolate shade, and when I got it I did use it and I did a before & after with it -- as shown above -- but it was definitely not a perfect shade match. Certainly not the perfect shade match I was used to from Anastasia in her Brow Wiz, which I used in Brunette, Soft Brown and finally Medium Ash (now called Medium Brown), which turned out to be my ideal shade match!

Not even a week after I ordered the Brow Pomade in Chocolate, Ulta released three new shades of on their website... one of those being Medium Brown. I was mad because I had waited all this time to finally try this product and when I do finally order it they release new shades not even a week later.

Once Medium Brown arrived I did another before and after and I knew right away that Medium Brown was my color. I returned Chocolate to Sephora (more like exchanged it for more makeup, lol), and have been in love with Medium Brown ever since.

With this product a little goes a long way, and it's very easy to use too much and have extremely filled in, defined, Joan Crawford brows. If you've never used a brow pomade type of product before (the Tarte Amazonian Clay Brow Mousse was really the only one I had truly tested before this one), there is a slight learning curve. With practice this can be your all-in-one brow product. I apply it starting on the bottom of my brow line, from the middle and out to the arch and tail. Then same thing on top, fill in without adding any more product. Then I may lightly stamp my brush back into the product to ever so lightly fill in and define the front part of my brow. In the before and after pics it's shown a bit more defined and filled in than I normally do with this product.

How I really like to use this is in combination with a brow pencil or brow powder. I use the brow pomade on the middle to outer portion of my brows and then a brow pencil or powder on the inner portion so it's not as harsh or defined.

As far as staying power goes, this is really good. I never have issues with my brows fading or smearing or anything like that. It even stays on really good through the cuddle test.

I have used this every day, sometimes twice a day if I take off my makeup to change it up, and I've barely made a dent in this. I see this lasting a really, really long time!

If you have issues with your brow products not staying where you put them, then I highly recommend you try this brow pomade!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this brow pomade? Have you tried this or is this on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)