February 11, 2014

Wet n Wild Fergie Vicious Varnish High Shine Lip Stain - shades Legendary Face, Street Queen, Flawless - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I was really excited to try the new Wet n Wild Fergie Vicious  Varnish High Shine Lip Stains, and it seemed like forever until I was able to track them down at a store near me. I wanted to buy every shade they had, but I restrained myself to the top three shades I'd most likely wear - which are Legendary Face, Street Queen, and Flawless. Check out all the product info below, along with my full review, after the pics!

Wet n Wild Fergie
Vicious Varnish High Shine Lip Stain
Shades: A305 Legendary Face, A303 Street Queen, A302 Flawless
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.













Wet n Wild Fergie
Vicious Varnish High Shine Lip Stain
Shade: A305 Legendary Face







Wet n Wild Fergie
Vicious Varnish High Shine Lip Stain
Shade: A303 Street Queen







Wet n Wild Fergie
Vicious Varnish High Shine Lip Stain
Shade: A302 Flawless





Wet n Wild Fergie Vicious Varnish High Shine Lip Stain Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $3.49 (0.17 fl oz full size). Available at Walgreens, and will be popping up everywhere Wet n Wild is sold. Click here to find a retailer near you.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

These are new for 2014 to the Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage line. They will be permanent in the collection, so if you can't get your hands on them right away - no worries, they're bound to re-stock at some point! Available in 10 shades.

I really like the way these apply to the lips - they feel like water or silk; very lightweight with an easy glide. Because they are a stain, they kind of "dry down" in a sense and set into place. You can feel this happen if you pay attention. I find they "set" a bit weird - if you were to rub your lips together after you've been wearing them I find they are a bit dry and kind of separate but can be blended back into your lips. It's not something major, or even something I notice every single time I wear them, but it's something I wanted to note and point out.

The applicator is nice - a flat duo-sided type of flexible paddle, which I found easy to use - but I can see how it could offer less control than a stiffer more traditional doe foot applicator. A good amount of product comes out on the applicator, so you likely won't need to re-dip for an application, and if you do, it would only be once (just depends on your lip size and if you want to layer to build up intensity).

They're not super opaque but they're not sheer either. You will get nice color pay off from them, but I do think some shades run a bit more sheer. You can certainly build the color up - but I would recommend allowing the layer to dry for about 2 minutes before applying a second to really get the color pay off you are likely going for.

I have 3 shades, but there are 10 shades in the collection, which I'll list below and then go into detail about the three shades I purchased.
  • A301 Voguing Madness
  • A302 Flawless
  • A303 Street Queen
  • A304 Giving REalness
  • A305 Legendary Face
  • A306 Global Fiercess
  • A307 Ball in Vienna
  • A308 Runway Red
  • A309 Epic
  • A310 Throwing Shade

The first shade I really wanted was Legendary Face -- this seemed like the perfect nude shade, and it is! It's a pinky nude, so you won't look dead (at least I don't look dead wearing it), and it looks great with a darker/smokey eye, and even with a very simple eye. It's a great purse-shade; something to go with everything. It's actually probably one of my favorite all-time nude shades of gloss I've ever owned - and I kind of wish I had the same shade just a different formula (not that the formula of these are bad).

The second shade I really wanted was Street Queen -- I've really been into purple lips, and I find they actually look great on my skintone. Street Queen is an orchid purple with a hint of pink undertone that makes it very wearable and I believe it would flatter a lot of skintones. It's a good one to try if you're looking for a great spring shade or just want to try a purple without going too purple. Especially with Radiant Orchid being the Pantone color of the year. This would be a great choice if you want to follow that trend.

And lastly, I didn't have a specific shade I was after - instead I just chose based on what I felt I would wear most. I was going to choose Ball In Vienna (which is a brighter, more hot pink version of Street Queen), but figured I should choose something that wasn't as close of a match, so I went with the shade Flawless, which is a really pretty hot pink with a red undertone to it. It's certainly the most opaque of the three I purchased, and most bright as well. I like it a lot and think it will get some great use.

As far as staining goes, I really didn't notice any staining at all with the shade Legendary Face. If there was any, it was way too light to take notice - but I don't care because that shade is such a great nude gloss that I don't care if it stains or not. The shade Street Queen left behind a slight stain, although not very intense. But the shade Flawless left behind the most noticeable stain. I'd say it's safe to say the lighter shades won't stain hardly at all, where as the darker, brighter and deeper shades will leave behind a more noticeable stain. It will also depend on the pigmentation of your natural lip tone.

I didn't notice any specific flavor or scent, so they either don't have one or not one that was noticeable enough to me. The rest of the packaging is nice - just a nice rounded off square lip gloss tube and very easy to see the color.

Overall, I liked these glosses - which is what I would call these rather than a stain, at least for most of the shades I purchased. I don't think the formula is the most amazing, but it's certainly good for Wet n Wild and I've been wearing them a lot - especially Legendary Face.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these lip glosses/lip stains? Which shade is your favorite? Have you tried these or are they on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

  1. These look fun! I'm gonna have to make a Walgreens run to get these and the Milani glosses lol

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)