December 31, 2013

SinfulColors Holiday Tinsel & Sheer Lustre Glitter Topcoats - 2 shades from each collection - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

SinfulColors has two more collections for Holiday 2013 I want to share with you all, before they are gone for the season. Holiday Tinsel and Sheer Lustre Glitter Topcoats. I have two shades from each collection to share with you in this post. If you're into bar glitter, then you'll want to check out the Holiday Tinsel collection! If you're more of a glitter top coat person, then the Sheer Lustre Glitter Topcoats will be what you go for (and personally, my fav of the two collections). Check out my full review below, including the product info, after the pics!

SinfulColors - Holiday 2013
Holiday Tinsel Collection & Sheer Lustre Glitter Topcoats Collection
Shades: Silver Rainbows, Spiked Ice, 24 Karat, Glittery In Pink
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.







SinfulColors - Holiday 2013
Holiday Tinsel Collection
Shade: Silver Rainbows






SinfulColors - Holiday 2013
Holiday Tinsel Collection
Shade: Spiked Ice






SinfulColors - Holiday 2013
Sheer Lustre Glitter Topcoats Collection
Shade: 24 Karat






SinfulColors - Holiday 2013
Sheer Lustre Glitter Topcoats Collection
Shade: Glittery In Pink




SinfulColors Holiday 2013 Holiday Tinsel and Sheer Lustre Glitter Topcoats Collections Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $1.99 each (0.5 fl oz full size). Available exclusively at Walgreens (although I have seen "Walgreens exclusive" collections at Rite-Aid stores).
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses

Holiday Tinsel:
Bring on the bling! These Holiday Tinsel shades from SinfulColors offer a fesitve flourish that's worth celebrating. Each holiday-inspired shade is infused with glitter that gives nails a just-tinseled touch. Choose from six shimmery shades for all-out shine.

Shades:
  • Silver Rainbows: slivers of silver
  • Spiked Ice: black dazzle
  • Pink Icicles: confetti concoction
  • Cold As Ice: winter white
  • Tinsel Town: blue sparkle
  • Gold Tinsel: the gift of gold

This collection of "topper" polishes - although I guess you could wear them on their own - are all about the bar glitter. The bar glitter has also been called shredded, feathers, confetti, and more. If you're a fan of bar glitter, you'll go crazy for every shade in this collection.

I have two shades from the six available. Silver Rainbows is a great silver, holographic bar glitter in a clear base. This is probably my "recommend this" shade from the group because it will work well with just about any shade you put under it because of the silver shade and the way it reflects a rainbow/holographic look.

However, the shade Spiked Ice is where blogs like mine really come in handy. In the bottle Spiked Ice looks like a straight up black cream polish. In fact, it would be extremely hard in store to even know it wasn't a black polish and instead black bar glitter in a clear base. I found that Spiked Ice came out with a lot more bar glitter than Silver Rainbows, and I also feel it had thicker and thinner pieces of bar glitter - where as Silver Rainbows seemed to be the same size bar glitter throughout.

I used two coats of each for the photos, but I would definitely recommend just using one coat of Spiked Ice or you may get a cluttered type look instead of a topper.

I think I may want to try and grab Pink Icicles and Tinsel Town before they are gone for the season, but definitely, for me anyhow, Silver Rainbows was my favorite!



Sheer Lustre Glitter Topcoats:
These glitter shades are designed to be worn over any polish to add extra bling to any look. Choose from six sheer glittery topcoats designed to transform your fav shades to instant glitz and glam.

Shades:
  • 24 Karat: gold gilt
  • Diamonds Are Forever: silver confetti
  • Top Me Off: Prismatic Frills
  • Girls Best Friend: Pink Baubles
  • Sapphired Up: turquoise glitz
  • Glittery In Pink: psychedelic blush
These topcoat polishes are really pretty and I kind of want them all! I have two shades from this six-shade collection. 24 Karat is my favorite of the two, but only by a small amount. 24 Karat is a gorgeous crushed gold type of topper polish. Looks almost like micro flakes of gold. Really pretty and easy way to glam up your nails.

The shade Glittery In Pink is another great topper - which is a pink with multi-sized hex glitters. This shade sort of reminds me of the Nails Inc. October 2012 Breast Cancer Awareness polish in Pinkie Pink; it has the same tone of pink and also the multi-sized glitter - although the Nails Inc. polish was more of a straight polish where as the SinfulColors version is definitely just a top coat (I used two coats for the photos of it on the nail). I know there are some other higher-end brands that have a similar shade, and if you don't own those then you can skip the higher price tag and go with the $1.99 SinfulColors version!

Like I said, I like all of these and think I need to go pick up Girls Best Friend, Top Me Off, and Sapphired Up before they are sold out (I may skip out on Diamonds Are Forever). I hope they keep these shades around!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these two holiday polish collections? Have you tried any or are any on your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)