November 21, 2013

Milani Shadow Eyez - 6 new limited-edition shades! swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Way back in May 2012 I shared with you a blog post about an at-that-time new product from Milani, their Shadow Eyez. They've since added to their shades - like their limited edition collection of neutrals - and most recently came out with a new collection of 6 limited edition shades. This collection is for all the purple lovers for sure! Check out my full review, including all the product info, after the pics!

Milani Shadow Eyez
Shades: 13 Charming Black, 14 Lovely Frost, 15 Midnight Romance, 16 Snowy White, 17 Plum Amour, 18 Romantic Violet
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.









Milani Shadow Eyez
Shade: 13 Charming Black






Milani Shadow Eyez
Shade: 14 Lovely Frost





Milani Shadow Eyez
Shade: 15 Midnight Romance





Milani Shadow Eyez
Shade: 16 Snowy White





Milani Shadow Eyez
Shade: 17 Plum Amour





Milani Shadow Eyez
Shade: 18 Romantic Violet




Milani Shadow Eyez Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $6.99 (0.1 oz full size). Available at select CVS, Meijer and HEB stores. Will also eventually be on the Milani Cosmetics website.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

Big and blendable 2-in-1 color rich pencil that can be used as shadow or liner. Creamy smooth, long-lasting, water-resistant, crease-proof and paraben-free formula. 12-hours of wear!

This limited edition collection is great for those who love purple shades. I think the collection is a romantic icy winter shade selection. They all have pretty good pigmentation, although I do think the shade Romantic Violet is the least pigmented out of them all -- but that can be easily fixed if you layer it.

I like to use the Milani Shadow Eyez as shadow bases too - which can boost your powder shadows you put on top, but these are great on their own.

You do need to sharpen them, so you'll need one of the dual-sharpeners that have a larger hole. In a way I wish they were retractable like some other shadow sticks I have, but for the price, colors and quality I'll put up with sharpening to use these pretty shades!

Out of the six shades from this limited edition collection, my favorite is Midnight Romance, following by Romantic Violet and Charming Black.

Charming Black is a great black shade with silver glitter, makes a great sparkly liner shade too.
Lovely Frost is a frosty metallic silver.
Midnight Romance is a blue based purple with silver glitter.
Snowy White is a matte creme white.
Plum Amour is a purple metallic shade - a dupe for Tarte's Fig shade!
Romantic Violet is a lavender gray purple slightly metallic.

I think this is a great limited edition collection that would flatter a lot of eye colors and skintones. I'd recommend checking them out and picking up a shade or two!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this limited edition collection of Milani Shadow Eyez? Which shade do you like best? Will you get any of these? Discuss in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. Do you still like these pencils? I was wondering how Snowy White wears compared to Nyx Milk

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous: I actually MUCH prefer the Milani white pencil over NYX Milk ANY day of the week. The NYX pencils don't last, crease, and just don't have the texture/staying power that I prefer. The Milani pencils (and Jordana ones - since they are made by the same people) have amazing staying power and I use these pencils all the time as bases or main colors.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)