October 5, 2013

Square Hue September 2013 - The Serengeti Collection (nail polish monthly subscription) - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I wanted to get this post up at the end of September, but as some of you know I was sick for about two weeks straight and I've been behind with posting here. But I'm happy to get this up now!

If you love monthly subscription services, and also love nail polish, then you should check out Square Hue. For $14.99 per month, plus shipping & handling, you'll receive 3 full sized nail polishes each month. Each mini collection is perfectly curated into a theme. My September Square Hue box was The Serengeti Collection.

The Square Hue subscription service is no-hassle commitment; you can suspend or pause your account anytime - so you choose when you join, when you cancel, and how long you stay. Their nail polishes are 3-free clean formula - No DBP, formaldehyde, toluene, and camphor. Not tested on animals. Proudly made in the USA. Check out their Look Book to see past month's collections.

Read my full review below, including all the subscription info, after the pics!

Square Hue - September 2013
The Serengeti Collection
Shades: Grassland Safari, Savanna Sundowner, Swahili Charm
Continue scrolling down to see more pics of each individual shade.








 



 


 



 


 



 

Square Hue Monthly Subscription Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $14.99 (per month, plus shipping & handling). Available on the Square Hue website.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses

Square Hue is the monthly subscription service for nail polish loves or for anyone who wants to receive three fresh new polishes each month without having to step outside their door.

For $14.99 a month Square Hue will send you three full sized curated polish shades to your door. Each month there is a new collection/theme - my September box was The Serengeti Collection (for October it's the Moto Collection).

The Square Hue subscription service is no-hassle commitment; you can suspend or pause your account anytime - so you choose when you join, when you cancel, and how long you stay. Their nail polishes are 3-free clean formula - No DBP, formaldehyde, toluene, and camphor. Not tested on animals. Proudly made in the USA. Each polish is 0.50 fl oz.

Square Hue is also committed to helping others. They actively seek organizations that are deep in the trenches assisting and caring for those hurting and in need. Currently, a portion of all monthly subscription proceeds will be donated for prevention awareness, the protection of trafficked victims and the prosecution of human traffickers.

Check out their Look Book to see past month's collections.

I love the idea of a monthly subscription service that delivers trendy, fresh polish shades to my door. The price isn't too much - but shipping and handling (depending where you live - they also deliver to Canada now) can drive up the price a bit. If you take the base price, $14.99, that makes each polish about $5 a piece - and for the quality of polish that Square Hue offers, it's a great price.

The polish formula is really nice - it went on smoothly and each shade was perfectly opaque in two coats with a nice glossy finish. The wear is nice too - I've had Grassland Safari on my toes for about two weeks now and it still looks fresh. I've worn Savana Sundowner on my nails too with no issues - but I tend to change my polish every few days so wear isn't an issue for me so much.

The Serengeti Collection for September 2013 includes three shades, two creme and one shimmer:
  • Grassland Safari - A creme yellow-based lime green. This shade was hard to capture perfectly on camera, but it was my favorite of the three and what I could see wearing a lot just based on my personal taste.
  • Savana Sundowner - A green-brown with golden based shimmer. This is the only shimmer shade for the month of September and it's a beauty! Perfect for fall and it is a close second to my favorite!
  • Swahili Charm - A warm deep chocolate brown creme. This is a nice rich, warm brown shade for fall. I don't really wear brown shades on my nails, so I would use this as a base shade and do some nail art on top, but it is a nice brown.

Overall, I was really happy with the collection for September. Like I mentioned above, Grassland Safari is my favorite, followed closely by Savana Sundowner and then Swahili Charm. I also like the design and shape to the bottles/label. I find them to look really great on my polish shelves - a modern look to polish bottles.

If you love nail polish you'll want to check out this subscription service - the polish is fantastic and you'll get to play with three new shades every month. Or, if you know someone who is a nail polish lover then this would make a great gift! I would recommend you check out Square Hue!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of Square Hue? Is this a subscription service you'd want to try out? Do you already subscribe? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)