October 29, 2013

Gelish Fall 2013 Under Her Spell Collection - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

If you love gel nails at home (or in a salon) then you may already be a fan of the Gelish nail brand. Their Fall 2013 collection - Under Her Spell - includes 6 gorgeous perfect-for-fall shades! The Under Her Spell collection is inspired by femme fatale fashion, and includes dark, rich hues and creamy neutral shades sparked by the feminine textures of lace and tulle as well as fabrics like leather and velvet. My favorite out of the collection is My Nightly Craving -- the color reminds me of ballet leg warmers, the fuzzy warm kind (does that make any sense to anyone but me? lol). Check out my full review, including all the product info, after the pics! Also, let me know which shade you want to see on my nails next -- I'll do a blog post and/or Instagram pics!

Gelish - Fall 2013: Under Her Spell Collection
Shades: Want To Cuddle?, I'm No Stranger To Love, Lust At First Sight, My Nightly Craving, Love Me Like A Vamp, A Touch Of Sass





Gelish Fall 2013 Under Her Spell CollectionInfo & Review:
Cost/Availability: $14.95 (0.30 fl oz full size bottle of MINI's). Available at Sally Beauty Supply for in-home use. 
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

Gelish soak-off gel polish debuts the limited-edition Under Her Spell fall polish collection, which includes 6 special-edition colors sparked by the feminine textures of lace and tulle and fabrics like leather and velvet. Inspired by femme fatale fashion, the collection includes dark, rich hues and creamy neutral shades guaranteed to keep him under her spell.

Gelish stays on nails for up to three weeks with no chipping or peeling, and soak completely off in only 15 minutes. Cure in a LED lamp for just 30 seconds (per coat) or in traditional UV lamps for 2 minutes (per coat).

All shades in the Under Her Spell fall collection are available as a professional salon service, with average price on Gelish manicures being around $30. And of course, you can purchase individual Gelish MINI polishes at retail outlets such as Sally Beauty Supply.

In the Under Her Spell collection, here are the shade names and their descriptions:

  • Want To Cuddle? - creamy greyish mauve
  • I'm No Stranger To Love - rich navy-teal
  • Lust At First Sight - smokey dark taupe
  • My Nightly Craving - creamy greyish pink-lavender
  • Love Me Like A Vamp - jeweled black violet
  • A Touch Of Sass - jeweled black cherry

Their descriptions are okay, although I see the colors slightly different... here is how I describe them...
  • Want To Cuddle? - a milk chocolate brown
  • I'm No Stranger To Love - a deep green-teal
  • Lust At First Sight - a deep mauve purple
  • My Nightly Craving - a lavender mauve pink
  • Love Me Like A Vamp - deep purple
  • A Touch Of Sass - a blood red

No matter how you describe these shades, I can say that they are perfect for fall! 

My favorite is My Nightly Craving - it's just so beautiful and a stand-out for me in this collection. I've already worn it once and forgot to take photos. If there is a shade you want to see on my nails from this collection please let me know and I will re-do my nails and Instagram pics for sure!

For my Gelish MINI polishes I use my LED lamp because it's faster, with only a 30 second cure time verses 2 minutes with a standard UV lamp. I do find that the Gelish brand of gel polish seems to last the longest on my nails - they say 3 weeks on their website, and I've gone longer for sure, although have had nail grow out usually that bothers me enough to re-do the mani even though I don't always need to re-do it. 

Overall, I am really happy with this collection of colors and would recommend checking them out!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this gel polish collection? Which shade is your favorite? Have you tried Gelish MINI polishes at home or had a Gelish mani in the salon? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)