July 7, 2013

Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie Shea Souffle & Frappe Body Lotion - pics, swatches, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

I love almond scented products, and the Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie line of body products smells pretty good. I have her Almond Cookie Shea Souffle and her Almond Cookie Frappe Body Lotion. The difference between the two is the Shea Souffle is for dry to extra-dry skin, where as the Frappe Body Lotion is for normal to dry skin. I like to use the Shea Souffle on my rougher spots - like elbows, knees and heels - and the Frappe Body Lotion on the rest of my body. I'll sometimes use the Shea Souffle after a shower at night, and use it neck to toe to really hydrate my body overnight, as I tend to be more normal skin. And just in case you have extra-dry to very-dry skin, she also makes an Almond Cookie Body Butter. So it goes Frappe, Shea Souffle, Body Butter - in order of hydration needs.

Check out my full review on each separate product, including all the product info, after each set of pics.


 



Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie Shea Souffle
For Dry to Extra Dry Skin







Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie Shea Souffle Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $20.00 (8 oz full size). Available on the Carol's Daughter website, at Sephora, at Ulta, at HSN, and everywhere else Carol's Daughter products are sold. Other sizes available - 4 oz is $13.50, and HSN does sell at 16 oz for $34.90.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

A non-greasy, fast-absorbing, daily moisturizer for dry to extra-dry skin.

Shea and cocoa butters deeply moisturize your skin so its' super soft and smooth. Coconut and grapeseed oils soften skin and keep moisture balanced. Vitamin E is a rich moisturizing antioxidant to protect against aging.

Best to apply this after bath or shower, massing onto damp, towel-dried skin. Apply extra to your roughest spots - like elbows and knees.

This is a nicely hydrating body lotion/butter hybrid. It's more moisturizing than her Frappe Body Lotion, but not as intense as her Body Butter. For me personally, I love this on my rougher spots, or I will use this at night after a shower, applying neck to toe, giving my body an overnight deep moisturizing treat.

The Almond Cookie scent is my favorite from her line, at least that I've smelled so far (I know there is a coconut one I want to try). It can be a little intense at times, but over all I really enjoy this and if you like almond scented products you'll likely love this scent too.

Would recommend if you have dry to extra-dry skin. If you're skin is more normal to dry, try her Frappe Body Lotion (shown below), and if you have extra-dry to very-dry skin, try her Body Butter (which I don't own - yet - but I have heard great things about it).




Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie Frappe Body Lotion
For Normal to Dry Skin
  




Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie Frappe Body Lotion Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $18.00 (8 oz full size). Available on the Carol's Daughter website, at Sephora, at Ulta, at HSN, and everywhere else Carol's Daughter products are sold.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

A light, fast-absorbing daily lotion for normal to dry skin.

Grapeseed and rice bran oil help to seal in light glowing moisture. Aloe leaf juice leaves a layer of sheer moisture that soothes your skin. Shea and cocoa butters soothe your skin so it's super soft with improved elasticity.

Best to apply after bath or shower, massaging onto damp, towel-dried skin for a silky-smooth feel.

This was the first Almond Cookie product from Carol's Daughter I ever tired and this is my 3rd or so bottle of it. Love the scent, love the texture and it perfectly hydrates my normal to dry skin. I will use the Shea Souffle on my rougher spots from time to time, but on a daily basis this is all I need.

Would recommend if you like almond scented products and have normal to dry skin.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these body lotions? Have you tried either of them or would you like to? What do you think of the almond cookie scent? Discuss in the comments below.

1 comment:

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)