May 2, 2013

Rimmel ScandalEyes Show Off Mascara in Extreme Black - before & after, pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently tested the Rimmel ScandalEyes Show Off Mascara in the shade Extreme Black. This mascara is a fiber formula, meant to lengthen lashes and this particular mascara also says it gives you lots of volume. Length and volume; sounds like my kind of mascara! What did I think? Check out my full review below and all the info after the pics!

Rimmel ScandalEyes Show Off Mascara
Shade: 003 Extreme Black

 






Rimmel ScandalEyes Show Off Mascara Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $6 to $7 depending where you shop (0.41 fl oz full size). Available at Walmart, Target, CVS, and other drugstores, as well as Ulta. Check out the Rimmel London website for more info and they have a Try It On tool.
My Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Kisses

Rimmel ScandalEyes Show Off Mascara is a fiber formula that lengthens lashes with a breakthrough brush. The flat side build for va-va-voom volume, while the ball tip lifts and curls lashes. Flake-proof, smudge-proof formula that lasts morning to night!

Available in two shades: Black and Extreme Black. I have this in Extreme Black, because well why not? If you're going to go black, go extreme, haha. But seriously, I like rich, deep, intense black mascaras so of course I'm going to pick the one that is the richest black they have!

This mascara is a drier formula, which I know some people prefer - but don't think it's dried out when you get it. Some mascaras are just drier formulas, that's all. It goes on nicely with no real clumps - although there were some micro clumps, but not really detectable and something you could easily take care of with a mascara comb (I left any micro clumps in for the before & after pics).

It does a nice job at lengthening, but I don't find it to really add volume. For a fiber formula, I find this goes on nicely. Some fiber formulas can be a bit messy, and even really wet, but this one really wasn't messy or wet. The fiber formula I think is the reason for the nice lengthening effect it gives your lashes, but I wouldn't consider this a volume mascara at all.

One thing I really liked about it is it separates your lashes really nicely. I think this is a mascara that would layer nicely with other mascaras.... use this one for lengthening after you use your favorite volumizing mascara. That's what I plan to do with this until it's used up/past it's good use. I don't think this is a bad mascara by any means, but I don't think it's amazing either. For me, this is a natural-look mascara when used alone.

I'd recommend this if you're looking for a lengthening mascara that separates your lashes nicely and looks natural but still makes your lashes pretty.

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this mascara? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

5 comments:

  1. Jealous! You have really pretty, long eyelashes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics, you have some awesome lashes~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even with a not-so-amazing mascara, your eyelashes STILL look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was expecting more volume for a fiber formula. :/

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)