November 12, 2012

Elegant Touch Kimmie Kyees Nails in Green Glitter - pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

The brand Elegant Touch has made their USA launch of products and one of them is their Kimmie Kyees Nails. These ready-to-wear fake nails are inspired by the styles Kimmie Kyees, a celebrity nail technician. Includes adhesive tabs for easy and quick application.

Check out my pics, swatches, info, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Elegant Touch Kimmie Kyees Nails
Style: Green Glitter








Elegant Touch Kimmie Kyees Nails Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $8.49 (per box). Available exclusively at Ulta (for those of us in the USA). Click here to visit the Elegant Touch website to find a retailer near you (click on the stockist tab).
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

Elegant Touch Nails teamed up with celebrity nail technician Kimmie Kyees to create a line of fake nails - which come with adhesive tabs for press-on use. Inspired by the styles Kimmie creates for her long list of celeb clients.

Currently available in 4 styles: Green Glitter (shown in this post), Red Glitter, Pink Glitter, and Pink Polka Dot. Includes 24 fake nails in each box.

The adhesive tabs are easy to use. They can hold the fake nails on for up to 7 days. Of course you can use nail glue if you prefer, but using the adhesive tabs will allow you to get multiple uses from one set of the fake nails.

The length of these nails is a little long for what I typically prefer - but they aren't insanely long. They're a nice length that will flatter your hands. You could wear them either way: with the rounded edge at your cuticle  which would give you a square tip, or with the square end at your cuticle which would give you a rounded, almond tip.

The style I have, Green Glitter, is a really pretty green. Nice and sparkly; it reminds me of a certain polish I own but I can't put my finger on it. I think it sort of reminds me of the SinfulColors polish in Nail Junkie or Atlantis. That's probably what I was thinking of. Regardless of what it reminds me of, these ready-to-go faux nails are great for anytime use.

Great for last-minute need for pretty nails -- especially if you're like me and have problems keeping your nails all one length. Quick and easy to apply.

The adhesive tabs holds nicely; I suggest pressing down and holding for at least 10 seconds to really make sure the nail and the adhesive combine nicely. I did find the adhesive tab size didn't match up all that great with the fake nail shape. It was noticeable around my cuticle on certain nails if I put the adhesive tab up too high. You can also see it hanging over the edge of my pinky nail; which if that happens to you all you need to do is trim it up. I did find the adhesive tabs to be a little thick, so those on top of your nails plus the fake nails made the fake nails look extra fake and also thick. I think these would be best applied with nail glue (I also plan to shorten them a bit).

I do think these are a nice fake nail option at an affordable price; especially if you use the adhesive tabs (which would give you two uses with the included tabs). You could buy more adhesive tabs or use nail glue; so you can get at least 2 to 3 uses out of these depending on how rough you are with them when wearing them.

I recommend checking these out!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of these fake nails? Have you tried them or are they now on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)