April 7, 2012

Lucy Minerals Foundation - 6 shades - before & after, swatches, pics, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I recently tested out the Lucy Minerals Foundation and LOVED it. I mean, this is a really great product - one of the best mineral foundations I've used. It has a very creamy, pigmented quality to it that will give you great coverage with very little product. In this post I'll show you six shades of their Try It size foundation jars.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review... click on pics to view them larger.

Lucy Minerals Foundation
Shades: Cream, Bisque, Light Medium, Creamy Bisque, Shell Beige, Medium




Shade Descriptions:
  • Cream: A yellow-based pale shade.
  • Bisque: A neutral shade. Can also be used as an eyeshadow base.
  • Light Medium: A neutral shade.
  • Creamy Bisque: Same depth as Bisque but a more yellow-based shade.
  • Shell Beige: Just a little bit lighter than Medium.
  • Medium: A neutral medium shade.


Lucy Minerals Foundation Before & After:


Basic Stats for Lucy Minerals Foundation:
Formula: loose powder
Wear: average to above average
Coverage: very pigmented; buildable
Shade Info: currently available in 19 shades
Cost/Availability: $14.00 (10 g full size). Available on the Lucy Minerals website. Also available in Try-It Sizes for $2.00 each.
My Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Kisses


Formula:
A creamy, loose mineral powder foundation. Free of waxes, harmful chemicals, preservatives, fragrance and talc. Water-resistant and holds up well in humidity. 

Wear:
Average to above average wear depending on skin type and if you use a primer/setting powder.

Coverage:
Very nicely pigmented; you can of course build the coverage and how you apply will affect how much coverage you get.

Shade Info:
Currently available in 19 shades.

Cost/Availability:
$14.00 (10 g full size). Available on the Lucy Minerals website. Also available in Try-It Sizes for $2.00 each.

Lucy Minerals Foundation Review:
I was really impressed by this mineral foundation! It was very pigmented, nice and creamy, and blended easily. With just one layer it provided me with practically full coverage, and if you know how many flaws my face has then you know for it make my skin look normal it has to be doing a good job.

You need very little product to get the job done because of how pigmented this foundation is. I was really happy with everything about this foundation.

I have the Try-It sizes, but plan to purchase a full sized version soon; I just want to first figure out which shade will work the best for me from the 6 Try-It size shades I have. I used Creamy Bisque for my Before & After but I'm not sure it's the best shade out of the 6 for me. I'll play around some more with these as I have time to.

Overall, a really fantastic mineral foundation that I would 100% recommend!


Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this foundation? Have you tried this or is this on your wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

8 comments:

  1. I wear it too!! I have NEVER found a foundation to match, which is what drew me to the company. Knowing that they would custom blend if need be really impressed me. You can imagine my surprise when Creamy Bisque matched perfectly. I think it is officially my winter shade, so at the moment I am mixing in a bit of Golden Medium, which is what I am guessing my summer shade will be. I have moved onto using all most all of their products. I am loving the Serum as my moisturizer. Plus, the shop is local to me, which is an added bonus. I love being able to support small local businesses! I have turned a few friends onto the product already -- more to come, I'm sure :) Great review and website!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- custom blend sounds awesome. i never really find my shade, its always one color up or down. Looks and sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice coverage! I was wondering if this mineral foundation looks "shiny" on your face. This swatches look a bit shiny, but your face looks very matte and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Anonymous: No, not shiny at all! In fact, I believe it is a natural matte finish. Of course it will depend on your own skin type; if you're more oily then as the day goes on you may get shiny. You can use their finishing powder or any other setting powder/product to help with that. I don't have many issues with it when I do it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm very interested in trying Lucy Minerals.However,I am having a tough time trying to decide on which color to choose.I have worn BE Medium Tan and it just doesn't perform the way it used to,coverage is so so and tends to be drying.Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Anonymous: I have BE Medium Tan too, and I don't know which Lucy Minerals color is the same match. However, they are really great at shade matching for you so I'd contact them directly and let them know which BE shade you wear and they'll be able to give you the perfect recommendation; they can even custom mix a shade for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! :D

    I just wanted to give you a big hug for reviewing this foundation and introducing it to me (and many others I'm sure)! Recently I have become very interested in mineral makeup. I just purchased Jane Iredale makeup a few weeks ago, and while I find it to feel very nice and look incredibly natural (might work for those with better skin than me), it really did not provide the coverage I was looking for. I was so dissapointed because (for me personally), I was not wanting to go back to heavily preservative-based foundations. I had decided to just stick with Jane Iredale, figuring it'd be better for me to have "so-so" makeup that was at least good-for-my-skin, than flawless looking skin that was only temporary because it would break me out! All that to say that I'm VERY excited to try this makeup, your photos(which are always so amazingly detailed) really show me how great a coverage this makeup offers.

    I honestly don't know if I would have heard about this specific mineral makeup without your review, so I really appreciate it! :)

    Thanks SO much again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent review :), thank you!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)