December 22, 2011

Laura Geller Air Whipped Blush in Whisper Berry -- pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

Not long ago I tried out the Laura Geller Air Whipped Blush in the shade Whisper Berry. I'm really subjective when it comes to mousse/cream-style blushes; I either love 'em or hate 'em. I happen to love this one.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...

Laura Geller Air Whipped Blush
Shade: Whisper Berry
Shade Description: A warm medium berry pink.


 





























Basic stats for Laura Geller Air Whipped Blush:
Formula: mousse
Coverage: buildable
Wear: average to above average
Shade Info: several shades available
Cost/Availability: $26 to $27 (0.45 fl oz full size). Available on the Laura Geller website, Ulta's website, QVC's website, and everywhere else Laura Geller cosmetics are sold.
Packaging: domed top rounded jar; twist-off lid; replaceable plastic disc (to help prevent drying out)
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
A buildable coverage air-whipped mousse blush. Loaded with antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E. Helps smooth skin texture while leaving behind luminosity that helps to blur away little lines and imperfections.


Coverage:
This is buildable coverage, from sheer to full. That's the great part of a cream blush; you can usually get great sheer, natural coverage or add more to to your desired level of pigmentation.


Wear:
Average to above average wear, depending on if you prime and set your makeup.


Shade Info:
Available in a few shades; currently I've only seen Whisper Berry on the QVC website. Other shades include: Whisper Rose, Whisper Petal, and Whisper Mulberry.


Cost/Availability:
$26 to $27 (0.45 fl oz full size). Available on the Laura Geller websiteUlta's websiteQVC's website, and everywhere else Laura Geller cosmetics are sold.


Packaging:
This round jar has a domed gold lid, which is larger than the actual jar of product. It twists-off to reveal a plastic disc, which you will re-place after each use. The plastic disc is designed to help keep the product away from air exposure. With any mousse or cream product you'll want to make sure you close the lid tightly immediately after use to prevent the product from drying out.


Laura Geller Air-Whipped Blush Review:
This was a blush I was always curious about but waited awhile to actually try out. I'm glad I tried it because I really like the formula. What I like best is how natural of a look you can achieve using this. You don't need to use a lot of product; in my swatch photo I used a lot more than I would use on my cheeks. You only need a very small amount of product to get a pretty look.

You can blend with your fingers or use a brush. I don't have a preference with which method I like best; both work well for me.

The shade Whisper Berry looks very dark in the jar (and even in the swatch photo it looks darker than I wear it). It's actually a very flattering shade, especially on my medium skintone. It has pretty warm undertones and it doesn't look one-color; it seems to have different hues that create a beautiful combination of luminous, natural color.

I don't use this blush too often because I go through phases where I wear blush all the time and then other times I don't wear any; a lot depends on my current breakouts and how bad my cheeks look, lol. I still prefer a powder blush (Laura Geller's Blush-N-Brighten blushes are some of my favorites), but this mousse blush is a really nice way to wear blush in a natural, sheer way without having a powdery look. It looks very fresh; it would be a wonderful option for the summer. Also great for the winter for those who get dry cheeks.

Overall, a really great product with a nice texture. I would recommend!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this blush? Have you tried this? If not, is this something you'd be interested in? Discuss in the comments below.



2 comments:

  1. wow, what an interesting product. The blush, after blended, looks really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS nice! I like that it isn't overtly shimmery, as a lot of cream/mousse blushes are. I currently only have *one* blush I actually use (Tarte cheek stain stick in Flush, which I've been devoted to for yeaaars), but I might have to check this one out...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)