December 13, 2011

December 2011 Birchbox - shipment 1

Hello, Beautiful!

This is my December 2011 Birchbox shipment. I'll post my husband's shipment once I receive it.

For more information on Birchbox, or to sign-up and start receiving your own Birchbox every month, CLICK HERE to visit http://www.birchbox.com?raf=eops9. Just $10 each month!


*Remember to click on the images to view them larger!*

December 2011 Birchbox
My Birchbox beauty profile was set to Classic and Trendy.
Hair Color: Brown. Hair Description: Color-Treated, Fine, Frizzy. Skin Coloring: Medium. Skin Type: Combination. Skin Concerns: Acne, Aging.





The Included Info Card:
The info card this month was different from previous months; not sure if it's a one-time-thing or their new way of doing things.
 
 




SHIPMENT QUICK-STATS:
  • Value of this month's Birchbox Shipment: $28.58 (value is approximate)
  • Total # of Items Received: 6
  • # of makeup items: 2
  • # of nail items: 0
  • # of skin care items: 1
  • # of body care items: 0
  • # of hair care items: 0
  • # of fragrance: 1
  • # of other items: 2



Now I'll break it down, product-by-product...


BENEFIT The POREfessional
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Camouflage visible pores with this velvety face primer. The translucent formula works wonders beneath makeup.
  • MY THOUGHTS: I have a sample of this already from the Benefit One Prime Day set I purchased back in July. I still have plenty left, because I don't use it everyday, but I am happy to have yet another sample because I really like this product! For me, it really does work at reducing pore size -- especially when I apply makeup over top. However, the sample I received was really liquid-y. I guess it just needs a really good shake, at least I hope so.
  • FULL SIZE: 0.75 fl oz @ $29.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.25 fl oz
  • VALUE: $9.66

  






JOUER Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Birchbox Pink
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: We teamed up with one of our favorite brands to create this custom fuchsia shade. Apply one coat for semi-sheer pigment, or build it for a hot pink pout.
  • MY THOUGHTS: I really like the color and the formula. It looks super bright in the tube but goes on really sheer. This gloss lasts a decent amount of time, is non-sticky and feels comfortable on my lips.
  • FULL SIZE: 0.21 oz @ $20.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 0.06 oz
  • VALUE: $5.71
 






OLIE BIOLOGIQUE 004 Huile Moderne
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Five organic essential oils -- including argan, rosehip, and bergamot -- team up to moisturize face, body, and hair. A true superhero product for the winter months.
  • MY THOUGHTS: I wasn't really sure what to think of this product just by looking at it. I've used oils on my face (Josie Maran's Argan Oil and Tarte's Pure Maracuja Oil), but I don't use them all that often. I may try this on my body first before I test it on my face.
  • FULL SIZE: 30 ml @ $56.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 5 ml
  • VALUE: $9.33
 




HARVEY PRINCE Yogini
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Take a deep breath and relax with this calming scent. Notes of sandalwood, Egyptian myrrh, and grapefruit will help you feel as good as you smell.
  • MY THOUGHTS: I could smell this from the moment I began opening the box. It's strong and it's not a smell I like. I had to throw this out right after I photographed it because it gave me an instant headache. Ugh, its awful... I really hope people don't actually wear this out because it would be one of those perfumes that bothers a lot of people. Way too strong, especially given the fact it's supposed to be a relaxing and calming scent; it couldn't be further from that for me. It made me angry and gave me an instant headache. This is probably the worst/strongest smelling perfume sample Birchbox has ever sent. This perfume wasn't even open and it was leaving a scent trail behind, even on things it didn't touch. I had to spray down everything it came near and the smell still wouldn't go away. Can you tell I just hate this? Even my husband came home and asked "what the hell is that awful smell?"! It couldn't get out of my house faster! 
  • FULL SIZE: 50 ml @ $55.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: no size listed, but most perfume sample vials are 1.5 ml
  • VALUE: $1.65





SHOWSTOPPERS Designer Fashion Tape
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Celeb stylists swear by these double-sided tape strips, which will ensure that your party dress stays perfectly in place.
  • MY THOUGHTS: I like to keep this kind of product on hand in my closet for certain tops that I like to wear, but know a boob slip is possible. I have't tried this brand before, but I'm sure these will get tested out in the near future!
  • FULL SIZE: 24 strips @ $9.99
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 2 strips
  • VALUE: $0.83













EBOOST Orange Natural Energy Booster
  • DESCRIPTION ON INFO CARD: Bounce back post-party with this tangy citrus energy booster, packed with a mega-dose of nutrients.
  • MY THOUGHTS: I love energy drinks; Red Bull is stocked in my fridge at all times; but I haven't tried a powder mix-in. When it comes to orange flavored drinks I either love them or can't stand them. In the back of my mind I go back to the ultimate gross orange drink: the gross drink they give pregnant women when you have to get tested for gestational diabetes. I'm always afraid something is going to taste like that. Not sure when I'll try this but I know if I don't, my husband surely will.
  • FULL SIZE: 20 packs @ $28.00
  • SIZE I RECEIVED: 1 pack
  • VALUE: $1.40




Let me know what you think...
Did you receive a Birchbox shipment this month? If so, what are your thoughts on your box box? If you don't receive Birchbox yet, click here to sign up! Discuss in the comments below.



11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my box! I really love Jouer glosses! Sorry the Harvey Prince was awful! I loved the scent they sent me...Flirt??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I would have gotten a December box now! I had unsubscribed to save a bit of money for Christmas! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birchbox made some sort of shipping error and sent me two boxes this month! I received box 5 (x2) and am pretty happy with it! I got the other Harvey Prince perfume called Ageless which I did like when I first smelled it but when I wore it the fruity scent disappeared and all that was left was flowers. Yuck. My favorite thing I received was the Orofluido hair oil, I put some on my damp hair, blow dried it and let me just tell you - my hair was SOO soft and smooth! It is normally an over-processed/fried/frizzy mess! So happy I received 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Krissy: Oh wow, lucky you! Glad to hear the hair oil worked out really well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the same box :) Love love love the Jouer lip-gloss, but I lost it the yesterday! A sign to get the full size ;)

    Also today I got my BB man. No pocket square :( And I got the 50/50 headphones. I preferred the ones you got.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Anonymous: Oh no! Sorry you lost the Jouer lip gloss, but glad to hear you're getting the full size!

    And no pocket square? Did they give something in it's place? Or did you at least still get the Bonodo's Gift Card?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep! But I wanted my bf to try the pocket square :( Good thing you warned me before that BB only had limited supplies...or else I would have been clueless and worried.

    Btw have you taken advantage of the Zoya flash promos?

    <3 Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Anonymous: Wow, I can't believe they didn't replace it with something else!

    And no, I haven't taken advantage of the Zoya flash promos. I don't use Facebook or Twitter so I'm kind of out of the loop on that, but it's probably a good thing because I need to cut back big time on spending with my upcoming unexpected surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got the lip gloss and porefessional but different perfume(by the same brand) and I loved it. I tried the energy drink mix and didn't like it...ick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, girl, I have to ask. What did you think of the smell on the Olie 004? I've been reading your blog for quite some time now and I know you're sensitive to smells. I'm not so sensitive and I actually enjoy the samples that we get for the perfume (I do believe we usually get the same box). I could not believe how rank the oil in my box was! I even just resmelled it before I started writing the comment. It really smells like animal poop to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ amanda: You know what's bad? I didn't even smell it until you just mentioned something and I decided to go finally open it. I guess at the time when I photographed this month's box I was so turned off by the perfume smell that I rushed through taking pics and forgot to take a pic of the oil on my hand. I just went back to my box to smell it and I do think it smells odd... not sure if it smells like animal poop, lol, but it's NOT a pleasant smell! I honestly don't think I'll use this, but I'll keep it just in case.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)