September 6, 2011

Mally Lip Magnifiers in Punch and Blush - pics, swatches, review

Hello, Beautiful!

I love Mally Beauty products, but I'm still on the fence with her new Lip Magnifiers Lip Colors. I have two shades, which were included in a Mally kit I purchased from QVC. One I love and the other I don't.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats, and review...

Mally Lip Magnifier Lip Color
Shade: Punch
Shade Description: A juicy sheer watermelon pink with shimmer.














Mally Lip Magnifier Lip Color
Shade: Blush
Shade Description: A very sheer pink with shimmer.













Both Shades Together: 
 




 
Basic stats for Mally's Lip Magnifier Lip Color:
Formula: creamy pencil
Coverage: sheer to light
Wear: average
Shade Range: Currently available in eight shades
Container: chubby pencil; pull-off cap
Cost/Availability: $29 for a set of two (each are full sized - 0.10 oz). Available on QVC's website.
My Rating: 3 out 5 Kisses for the shade Blush, 4 out of 5 Kisses for the shade Punch


Formula:
These pencils are creamy and glide on easily. They leave behind a sheer to light wash of color with a glossy finish.

Coverage:
I say these are sheer to light coverage/pigmentation, but that's only based on the two shades I own. The shade Blush went on very sheer, but the shade Punch went on with pretty color. I guess it will vary depending on color and your natural lip tone.

Wear:
Average wear for a lip product.

Shade Range:
Currently available in eight shades, which are only sold at this time in sets of two on QVC's website. However, the two shades I received are only in a Mally kit.

Container:
A chubby pencil, which does require sharpening (sharpener was included), with a pull-off cap.

Cost/Availability:
Currently these are only sold on QVC's website in a set of two for $29. I'm sure in the future more shades will be added and possibly sold individually.

Mally Lip Magnifier Lip Color Review:
I'm on the fence with this product because out the two I own I only really like one and the other I probably won't use. I really like the shade Punch but don't care for Blush. If I had only received Blush I would have given this poor reviews, but on the opposite end of that, if I had only received Punch I would have given this 5 Kisses.

I think the formulation is great as far as how it goes on, how it feels good on your lips, how its glossy and how it looks (just the Punch shade for looks). I think the shade Blush is too sheer in color for my natural lip tone, or maybe it's just lacking color all together.

I would recommend the shade Punch, but I would suggest staying away from the shade Blush. 
 
 
Now let me know what you think...
Do you own this lip product? If not, is this something you'd want to own? What shade is your favorite? Discuss in the comments below or email me with any questions/comments.
 


2 comments:

  1. I'll buy you "blush" magnifier! It's my favorite - it gives me the perfect "your lips but better" look and makes my lips feel great! Great pictures and review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll buy you "blush" magnifier! It's my favorite - it gives me the perfect "your lips but better" look and makes my lips feel great! Great pictures and review :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)