August 31, 2011

OPI - Crown Me Already! from the Miss Universe Collection

Hello, Beautiful!

I think I may have found my new favorite silver polish... OPI's Crown Me Already! from the Miss Universe collection. This silver glitter polish is just beautiful, especially in person. I almost didn't even want this because I thought 'eh, just another silver glitter' but it's not; it stands out! I should also mention that my husband bought this for me (along with OPI's Swimsuit...Nailed It!) as my "flowers" to apologize for being a jackass. He knows I would much prefer nail polish over flowers and I love him for that. It's a pretty way to say I'm sorry. Of course I forgave him :)

Anyhow...
Crown Me Already! is a brighter, clearer, more true silver. The way light hits your nails is just stunning. The pictures really do NOT do this shade any justice. In the bottle this shade is pretty but on the nails this shade is beautiful!

I used 3 coats for all the photos below, but I probably could have used just 2 coats. I was apply this in a room with low-lighting so I couldn't tell how opaque it was, since I have some staining on my nails I just went ahead and did a third coat for good measure. I should also mention that this shade dries extremely quick, but then again most glitters do.

OPI - Crown Me Already! (NL U02)
[From the Miss Universe collection.]
Shade Description: Super micro silver hex glitter in a clear base with small, medium and large silver hex glitter. Opaque in just 2 to 3 coats.
# of Coats & Other Polishes: 1 coat of Nail-Aid 3 Minute Artificials (as my base coat), 3 coats of OPI's Crown Me Already!, 1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.


































Now let me know what you think...
Do you own this polish shade? If so, what are your thoughts on it? If not, is this a shade you want to own? Just leave a comment below or send me an email.



3 comments:

  1. This is my favorite from the collection! So sparkly and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How hard is this to get off??

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Anonymous: It's just as hard to remove as most other glitter polishes. I don't find them all that difficult though because I wear glitters a lot and use the soaking method to remove them, so it's pretty easy. Just use 100% acetone (mix some glycerin in it to help prevent skin and nails from drying out). You can do the foil method or the soaking method.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)