July 28, 2011

Mally Facets Gemlight Lipgloss in Garnet: swatches & review

Hello, Beautiful!

I received this lipgloss as a bonus sample with another Mally purchase. I haven't actually gotten around to swatching it until recently and I have to say, I like the gloss I just wish it was a different shade (I'm not a red gal but I would like to check out the Pink Sapphire shade).

Check out my pics, swatches, stats and review...


Mally Facets Gemlight Lipgloss
Shade: Garnet
Shade Description: A shimmering multi-faceted sheer ruby.






** My lips were EXTEMELY chapped and dry, so I apologize for such a bad photo of this gloss. I will have to update this photo at a later date. **





Basic stats for Mally's Facets Gemlight Lipgloss:
Formula: a sheer gloss
Coverage: sheer; buildable 
Wear: less-than-average gloss wear 
Shade Range: currently only available in three shades 
Container: a smaller gloss tube; twist off cap; brush end applicator
Cost: $20 on Mally's website; $19.50 on QVC's website 
Availability: Find it on Mally's website and on QVC's website 
My Rating: 3 out of 5 kisses


Formula:
This is a non-sticky, on the sheer side, gloss with lots of multi-dimension faceted shimmer. The photos really do not do this gloss any justice when it comes to how this shimmer picks up the light.

Coverage:
This is on the sheer side but you'll still get nice color. I'm not a red-shade-family type of gal, so I applied this gloss a little more sheer than normal. You will likely get more color from it than I did. This is also a great layering gloss; wear it over lipstick, lip stain, lip balm or other lip glosses to add a layer of faceted shine.

Wear:
This gloss doesn't last all that long, not even for a gloss. It's less than average wear, but still a pretty gloss that's worth the re-application.

Shade Range:
Currently only available in three shades: Garnet (the shade I received), Citrine (which looks like a golden nude), and Pink Sapphire (which is the shade I want to try). The shade looks more like a pink-red than a ruby-red on my lips, which I like better.

Container:
A smaller gloss tube (not thin, but smaller in size) with a twist-off lid. Features a brush-end applicator.

Cost/Availability:
You can pick this gloss up for $20 on Mally's website or for $19.50 on QVC's website. The only downfall with QVC is you have to pay shipping per gloss - which makes the cost of each gloss higher than if you would buy them from Mally's site. Of course from time to time QVC has some great Featured Prices and Free Shipping deals on Mally's products, which is the only time I tend to buy her products from QVC (unless I really have to have something).

Review:
This gloss was included with another Mally purchase. I received the shade Garnet, but I've read others receiving the shade Citrine. I'm not sure if anyone received Pink Sapphire but if they did I'd be a little jealous.

I didn't even try this gloss for the longest time because the shade isn't one I would ever buy on its own. Upon trying it I found I like the formula and the shimmer it has, and I liked that the color wasn't full-color and it was on the sheer side - making it easier for me to wear this shade.

I think this gloss is worth checking out but not a gloss that is a must-have, which is why I just rated it in the middle with a 3 out of 5 kisses.



Now let me know what you think...
Do you own this gloss? If so, what are your thoughts? If not, is this something you'd want to own?


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)