July 21, 2011

Mally Effortless Airbrush Highlighter & Blush: swatches & review

Hello, Beautiful!

I picked up the Mally Beauty Effortless Airbrush Highlighter & Blush in a Mally kit on QVC. It includes a beautiful golden highlight shade called Purelight, and a vibrant blush shade called Afterglow.

Check out my pics, swatches, stats and review...


Mally Effortless Airbrush Highlighter & Blush
Shades: Purelight (highlighter), Afterglow (blush)
Shade Descriptions: Purelight - a golden shimmer. Afterglow - a vibrant peachy pink.








Basic stats for Mally's Effortless Airbrush Highlighter & Blush:
Formula: silky smooth pressed powder
Coverage: buildable
Wear: not a long-wear product, but it does last a good amount of time
Shade Range: this is the only shade duo at this point in time
Container: a metal compact; mirror inside; two replaceable components (one for the highlighter and one for the blush)
Cost: not available for individual purchase at this time
Availability: only available in a Mally kit sold on QVC - the Mally Just Heaven 8-pc Brightening Collection; kit is priced at $81 regular price
My Rating: 4 out of 5 kisses


Formula:
Both the highlighter and blush are pressed powders. The formulation of these are divine. They're almost spongy the way you can press your finger onto them and they kind of bounce back. The powders are very smooth and silky, which go on very nicely and blend wonderfully.

Coverage:
You choose how intense or how sheer these go on, but you'll get some color no matter what. The highlighter goes on perfectly; not too much product but just enough that you have a great glow. The blush has a pretty pop of color to it, so it's best applied lightly and add to it if you need more. This does come with a double-ended brush (which I did not include in the photos above), but I don't apply this product with that brush - at least not the blush.

Wear:
Not a long-wear product but still lasts a good amount of time. Nothing to complain about.

Shade Range:
Currently this is the only shade duo available. I love the highlight shade and I like the blush shade.

Container:
Mally's compacts are always sturdy and well put together, although some people do complain they are hard to open. I didn't have any trouble with this compact. Inside you'll find a nice big mirror on one side and on the other side are the highlighter and blush components, which are replaceable.

Cost/Availability:
Currently you can only pick up this product in the Mally Just Heaven 8-pc Brightening Collection on QVC, which has a regular price of $81 (but usually is on special pricing for around $73).

My Review:
I wasn't sure how I'd feel about this product before receiving it. Once I received it I found I've used it every day in my makeup routine. I just love the highlight shade! The blush looks a bit scary but if you know how to apply blush then you'll find the color is rather pretty - perfect for summer or anytime you want to brighten your face.

I'm just in love with the formula of this duo. This is a product that I would purchase on its own in other shade combos.

I would recommend this to any and everyone!


Now let me know what you think...
Do you own this product? If so, what are your thoughts? If not, is this something you'd want to own?


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)