July 7, 2011

Hard Candy Glitteratzi Eye Glitter Gel in Platinum: swatches and review

Hello, Beautiful!

The other week I was shopping at Wal-Mart, browsing the beauty section per usual when my eyes zoomed in on something sparkly and holographic.... Hard Candy's Glitteratzi Eye Glitter Gel!!! And it was only $5! I think I may go back to buy a back-up because I am so in love with this product!

I don't care how old I get, I know I will always be a sparkly holo whore! I swear, if it's sparkly - especially if it's holographic - I don't only want it, I need to have it! It's my weakness! I recently found silver holographic flats at Ross and I'm still on a happy high from finding them, haha.

I've already worn this as a glitter eye liner, which looks really pretty. I loved it! I fully intend to wear this all over my lids at some point in the future. It's so sparkly that it is for sure an attention getter. If you want to call attention to your eyes this is it!

The photos do not do this shade justice; you have to get to your local Wal-Mart to see it in person!



Hard Candy Glitteratzi Eye Glitter Gel
Shade: Platinum
Shade Description: A silver holographic glitter gel.




Basic stats for Hard Candy Glitteratzi Eye Glitter Gel:
Formula: liquid-gel with glitter
Coverage: buildable
Wear: not intended to be a long-wear product but has pretty good wear on my eyes
Shade Range: I'm not sure of the exact number of shades available, but currently on Hard Candy's website there are 4 shades
Container Type: squeeze tube, twist-off cap
Cost: $5 for 0.35 oz full size
Availability: at Wal-Mart
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
This is a liquid-gel formula that's super easy to work with.

Coverage:
You have buildable coverage with this product; the more you spread it the thinner it is and more sparse the glitter will be. I had no problem lining my eyes with this and getting a consistent glitter line. It has great glitter to gel consistency!

Wear:
Lasts long on my eyes. However, I tried to use this on my wrist to fill in the heart on my "Be Love" tattoo. I was able to fill in the heart with no problems and it looked great. I waited for it to dry then went to do what I needed to do to finish getting ready. When I walked out the door I noticed the glitter heart was gone. I'm not sure what it rubbed off on but I know it didn't last very long at all. In all fairness, this product is not made for the body. It is an eye-specific glitter product. So even though this product is so beautiful stick to using it just on your eyes.

Shade Range:
On Hard Candy's website they show four shades, but I'm sure they change them with each season. I believe at my Wal-Mart there were only 3 shades to choose from; your Wal-Mart may have a completely different stock than my Wal-Mart.

Container Type:This is a squeeze tube, which makes it easy to work with and beneficial to the actual product. If it were in a jar it would likely dry out quickly. I like the tube!

Cost/Availability:
Just $5 at Wal-Mart! One of the best ways I've ever spent $5! You'll have to go to your local Wal-Mart to pick this up; they only had one shade online to buy so it's really not worth your time to buy it online unless you don't have a Wal-Mart near you. Plus, this shade wasn't available online (although I did see it on Amazon for $24.99! Yikes! And on eBay for over $10!  Who would pay that much for it when you can still find it in your local Wal-Mart for just $5?!?!)

Review:
I hate this product.... JUST KIDDING!! I am so IN LOVE with this product, it's insane. I'm addicted to glitter and all things holographic. This is a great eye glitter for anyone who wants ooh la la eyes!

Wear it as a liner or wear it sparsely over shadow or pat it on to give your lids an all-over holographic sparkle! I highly recommend!



Let me know what you think! Do you own this or one of the other shades? Do you have any questions about this product? Leave me a comment or send me an email!

1 comment:

  1. I love this product too!!! I used to never ever wear makeup until my friend showed me this, I just wear this with mascara and of course baby lips pink punch lip balm!! I will be a freshman in high school so I think this is a very appropriate school and party look!:)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)