May 24, 2011

Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer

Hello, Beautiful!

Another post for my Week of Make Up For Ever! In this post I'm going to talk about their HD Microperfecting Primer!

This is a great primer! I own the color-less shade and it's one of my favorite primers to use because it works really well.

I apply this primer after my moisturizer (I allow my moisturizer to set for 5 minutes first), then allow my primer to set for 5 minutes before applying any makeup. My makeup will go on smoother, look better, and last longer. This primer also feels good on my skin; it doesn't feel tight, greasy or heavy. I love this primer!

Onto some swatches...




Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer
Shade 0 - Neutral (color-less)
Shade Description: A color-less primer (although white until blended in) that adds natural luminosity to your complexion.






Basic stats for Make Up For Ever's HD Microperfecting Primer:
Formula: liquid
Coverage: none
Wear: long-wearing; helps makeup last longer
Shade Range: 7 shades; including color-less and other tinted shades to help correct (explained in greater detail below)
Container Type: The full sized version (which I do not own yet) comes with a pump top. The travel sized version that I own is a squeeze tube with twist-off cap.
Cost: $32 for 1.01 oz size, or $15 for the travel size (only available in the color-less option)
Availability: Found only at Sephora and Sephora.com
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses!


Formula:
A lightweight, oil-free liquid primer. Deeply nourishes, moisturizes and softens skin, creating a protective layer to lock in your moisturizer and prep the surface for makeup application. Your makeup will go on smoothly and last longer.

Coverage:
No coverage from a primer, although it will help out your complexion in minor ways depending on which shade you choose.

Wear:
Long wearing; designed to make your makeup last longer.

Shade Range:
Available on Sephora.com in 7 shades:
  • 0 Neutral - adds natural luminosity to your complexion
  • 1 Green - minimizes redness (some people report their skin having a green tint to it after applying this; which is rather normal when using a green color correcting product. Your foundation should cover any green tint)
  • 2 Mauve - counteracts sallow undertones
  • 4 Caramel - combats ashiness in medium to dark skin tones/warms golden tones
  • 5 Blue - adds radiance to fair skin/reduces minor imperfections
  • 6 Yellow - lightens dark complexions
  • 7 Pink - brightens the complexion/counteracts sallow undertones

Container Type:
The full sized version comes in a nice pump-top bottle. The travel sized is a squeeze tube, which is easy to use.

Cost:
Most primers are pricey and this one is no different at $32. A little goes a long way and a full sized bottle will last a very long time. However, if you're unsure if you'll like it go for the travel sized version, which is less than half the price of the full sized version. A travel sized version will still last you a long time.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)