March 6, 2011

Laura Geller Tinted Spackle in Champagne: Swatches & Review

Hello, Beautiful!

There are some Laura Geller products I just don't like (and tend to put them in the category of "old lady makeup" based on the colors, finishes, and formula). And then there are some Laura Geller products I go crazy over (like her Real Deal Concealer). It's never in between. I either love 'em or hate 'em, and I have a pile of products in each of those categories that will all eventually show up in this blog.

This product I love!

I picked up this super-sized version on QVC. I wasn't sure I would like it, but in deed I do! I already have Laura Geller's Tinted Spackle in Bronze, which I liked and used in the summer often. So I figured this would be a great year-round primer I could use.

It comes in a (huge) container with a pump top:

SWATCH
Laura Geller Tinted Spackle in Champagne
Shade Description: a pale gold champagne luminescent shimmer.

BLENDED OUT:

Review:
This is a beautiful primer. It works well with makeup application (it goes on smoother) and helps your makeup last longer. The shimmer in the primer doesn't really show through on matte foundations or medium to full coverage foundations, but you will get that champagne glow show through on lighter coverage foundations.

There is no glitter in this, just luminescent shimmer. It may look like wayyy too much shimmer at first, but then you apply your foundation and realize everything is fine and looking beautiful!

I would recommend this foundation to anyone who wants a glow to their skin while helping keep their makeup on longer.

I picked this up at QVC.com in a special, so I can't link to this exact size right now. But I can link to this primer on their site in other sizes. Here is the full sized version, which is $25. And here is a sample size version, along with two others to try out for $36.50

Do you have this primer? If so, do you like it?

2 comments:

  1. So why is there not a image showing the product WITH foundation on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Katrina: This is a VERY old post - dating back to early 2011. At that time I probably didn't think to include a photo like that; as you can tell by the post there are only three photos total. My blogging style has greatly changed since this post.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)