November 24, 2010

Too Faced products (many): Swatches & Reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

Just two reminders before I begin my review and swatches of several Too Faced products.

Now onto the review and swatches...

So today is another day that I need to pull from the swatch archives. My son did go back to school today, but today is a half day of school so I don't have much time to work before he gets home. My house is still a complete mess, but I always seem to get things done one way or another.

Since I've been pulling from the archives a lot lately I decided I'd post a bunch of products in one post. A bit of a swatch over load. These swatches are from the Too Faced Decade of Glamour kit, which is one of my favorite kits (although I barely use this kit). I don't know if you can buy this kit anymore, but I'm sure you can find most of the individual products. Along with the swatches I'll post a mini review of each product. Enjoy!

This is what the kit looks like from the outside. It opens into several sections.


Too Faced Beauty Balm in Pink Grapefruit
This is a pretty pink lip balm with shimmer. It's creamy and applies smoothly. I really like the color and I thought it was a good balm; meaning I felt it moisturized and protected my lips.

 


 Too Faced Bauble Gloss Ring in Pop
The color looked like a shimmery deeper nude brown, which I thought may look pretty if it went on sheer enough. Upon swatching this I realized it is very sheer, almost without any color; just lots of shimmer. I didn't really like this product, not in color or consistency. It was nothing special.


Too Faced Eye Shadow
I like Too Faced eye shadows. They're nicely pigmented, apply nicely, blend easily, and look pretty. Out of the six shades this kit included I'd probably only wear four. I don't like green eyeshadow, so I'll never use Astro Turf. The Zsa Zsa shade is another shade I probably won't use unless I have a very specific brightly colored look. I love the shade Label Whore - probably my favorite out of all six shades. Pixie Dust is a pretty color, as it Lovey Dovey, but I have a lot of shades just like them. The shade Ooh and Aah is a pretty one, but I love all gray and silver toned shadows.


Too Faced Exclusive Bronzer (Spring 2008)
I don't know how much of a "bronzer" this bronzer really is. I would say it's not a bronzer at all, but rather it's a highlighter. As a highlighter I think this is really pretty. The four shimmery shades blend together perfectly for that pretty glow. You have that pretty golden pink, then you have a butter yellow, then a silver beige, and finally the golden bronze. I don't use this as much as I should, simply because I don't pull this kit out all that often, but I know if I had this by itself I would probably use this very often. I just like the glow it gives my skin. I use this mainly as a blush or to the tops of my cheek bones. You can also use these shades as eyeshadow.


Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Love Bites
Eh, I don't know what to think of this. It's hard to determine the consistency of a gloss when it's in palette form. I didn't really like how this went onto my lips; it wasn't even and it still looked spotty in areas. I'm not a big fan of this shade; it's a little darker than my typical taste in glosses. Over all, this was not a winner for me. I haven't used it and I wish it wasn't in this set so I could give it to someone who would make better use of it.
 


Too Faced Gossip Gloss in Sabotage and Tattle Tale
Again, it's always hard to tell the true consistency of a gloss when it's in palette form. However, with that being said, I liked these glosses and I felt they applied nicely to my lips. I like both shades, which was a surprise to me because Sabotage is a purple-pink shade and normally I would never go for a purple shade of anything for my lips. But I found it went on so pretty and it opened my eyes to what purple can look like on lips! Don't knock it until you try it! Tattle Tale is a really pretty nude shade.


Too Faced Juicy Jewels in Vanilla Ice
I didn't really like this duo, and again, it could just be because they're glosses in a palette form. The colors themselves are pretty, but the cream color (the one on the left in the swatch photos) didn't apply evenly. The shimmer color is pretty, but nothing special. Pairing them is pretty too, although I somehow forgot to take a swatch photo of that combo.


Too Faced Lash Injection (Black)
This mascara was just okay for me. It did make my lashes fuller, but other mascaras still do a way better job. Plus, my Lash Injection felt a little dry. I already have pretty good lashes without mascara, so for a mascara to impress me it really has to give my lashes that wow factor. This didn't. My lashes in the swatch photo below just look normal (and I'm only wearing the mascara on the top lashes in the swatch photo below).



Too Faced Lava Gloss Eyeliner (black)
Okay, I know I had a swatch of this on my hand, but I can't seem to place it right now. But really, it's not that important because this wasn't impressive or special in any way. I don't think it's glossy at all, which you'd think this would be based on the name of the product. It went on smoothly, but it was just a black liner. Nothing more, nothing less.


Too Faced Lip Injection in Crystal
I love the shade name of this gloss :)  But in all seriousness, this is just a typical lip plumping gloss. The shade is clear, so nothing special there. The plumping effect is that stinging/tingling feeling; similar to Lip Venom. These kind of plumpers always make the rim of my lips red, which you can see in the swatch photo below. It didn't do a great job of plumping, although I felt like it worked. Minimal plumping for me, but lots of redness - which is never a good look.


Too Faced Lipstick in You're No Lady and Marcia Marcia Marcia
This lipstick is a nice formula. Not super creamy, but not dry either. They colors applied fairly evenly on my lips and I liked the shades. You're No Lady is probably my favorite of the two. It's a beautiful pinky nude shade with golden undertones. Marcia Marcia Marcia is a purple pink with blue undertones; and again, I normally wouldn't pick a shade with purple in it for my lips but I actually liked the results.


Too Faced Ooh La Rouge Blush in Pink Provacateur
Generally I'm not a fan of blush duos. I don't like knowing that if I don't mix the two together perfectly the shade won't come out just right. Sure, you have the option of using each shade alone, but generally they are designed to use together. I thought the formula was nice - soft, easy to blend, nicely pigmented - but I wasn't a big fan of the colors. The left side swatches more cool toned while the right side swatches warmer toned. Mixed together they would probably compliment most skintones, but this just isn't a blush I reach too (although as of lately I barely wear blush because I don't want to call attention to the flaws on my cheeks).


Too Faced Sun Bunny Bronzer
I've heard and read so much about this bronzer so I was excited to have it included in the kit. I think it swatches a little different then it looks (although I know my camera was slightly off in coloring in the photo below on the left). Combined together they look great although I don't have a swatch photo showing the combination. I don't use this bronzer, but I don't use bronzer all that often. This does have shimmer, so that's probably why I shy away from it. I like bronzers that are matte or have luminosity to them, but not shimmer. This is a great bronzer though, and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for one. The two separate shades allow you to use one or the other, or combine to create a blended bronzer look. I like the shade on the left as a highlighter in the summer.


Whoa... that was a lot of swatches and mini reviews for one post! I won't make a post tomorrow (Thanksgiving) so hopefully this post will give you enough swatches and reviews to get you by for two days.

Some upcoming posts (once I have time to swatch these items):
  • It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer with Collagen and Vitamins C & K in shade Medium (I have to say, I like it... I like it a lot!). Swatches and a full review coming soon.
  • NARS Beauty in a Box: NARS Junkie. This kit was under whelming for me. Not as spectacular as I was hoping. Mostly the eyeshadows disappointed me and the size of the bronzer. But the gloss and multiple were great. Swatches and full review coming soon!
  • Tarina Tarantino Magic Hour Cream Shadow in Black Diamond. Review and swatches.
  • And plenty more!

And remember, we won't have any specific Black Friday sales. There are enough out there you need to worry about. Come back to ValentineKisses.com on Monday (actually, it will likely be on Sunday) for Cyber Monday deals. I'll post all our Cyber Monday deals on this blog on Saturday. If you're a newsletter subscriber you can look for your newsletter sometime on Saturday night or Sunday with the deals (and possibly an exclusive coupon).

Do you go out shopping on Black Friday? I don't. I used to, but I hate it... and I mean I HATE it. I don't like to shop with big crowds. To me, that takes the fun out of shopping. People are crazy too; they push, they shove, they act like animals. It's all very unpleasant, stressful, and the least bit of fun to me. Sure, there are really fantastic deals but most of them are offered online. And last year most of the Black Friday deals repeated themselves just a couple weeks later. I won't be going out on Black Friday, but I will be shopping online. I also heard they are having "Small Business Saturday" this year, but I don't know if that applies to local small businesses or to small online business too. ValentineKisses.com is certainly a small online business, but we won't have anything on Saturday. Cyber Monday usually has just as good (if not better) deals than on Black Friday.

I promise ValentineKisses.com will have some awesome deals on Cyber Monday... lots of Freebies too. Details coming very soon!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)