November 15, 2010

Makeup Haul

Hello, Beautiful!

Once a month we go on a big grocery stock-up trip. We normally go to Wal-Mart for everything except fruit, veggies, and meat. The trip is long (taking us 2 to 3 hours normally) and the bill is high, but the amount of groceries we get usually lasts us 3 to 4 weeks (with going out to eat once a week). We still have to do mini grocery trips for things that run out/expire quickly - like milk, bread, fruits, and veggies... and Red Bull :)

I'm a crazy coupon user too. I have a binder full of them - all organized by type of grocery. We usually save between $50 and $100 in coupons in one visit depending on what we're buying - which is really great and is the reason we can afford to do those extra little fun things (like going to the movies). Usually the only way I'll buy makeup in a grocery or big-box store is with a coupon. I'm just too cheap! I think running ValentineKisses.com has really spoiled me. I know what good deals are out there and I hate paying full price for anything.

In today's shopping trip I picked up a few beauty items, which I'll try out over the next few days. I'm really excited about the Rimmel nail polish. I'm in love with gray polish - especially China Glaze polish in "Recycle" - but the Rimmel gray polish looks like a lighter shade of gray that looks so pretty! I think I'll paint my nails tomorrow afternoon, after I pack up and ship out all weekend orders.


Here's the haul:

I had a $5 off $10 coupon for Wet n Wild products. It was only after I got these polishes home that I realized I already have one of them! Oh well, no biggie. I'll probably pass it onto my nieces.

Going from left to right:
* Wet n Wild Craze Nail Color in #236 Lust
* Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Color in #206B Undercover
* Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Color in #213 RedTape
* Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Color in #209B Candy-licious
* Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Color in ##208A Through the Grapevine
* Wet n Wild Wild Shine Nail Color in #460D Kaleidoscope


I also had a Eucerin coupon, which I needed to use because it's the best lotion to use for tattoo healing. I had a sample pack of Eucerin that I've been using, but I've been out for a few days so I picked up the small 4.2 fl oz size and used a $2 off coupon I had for it. And although I already have the L'Oreal primer, I had a $2 off coupon so I decided to stock up (since I love that primer - you can read my review on it here). I also had a coupon for the Rimmel foundation, which was $1.00 off - although I'm really unsure of the shade, the coverage, or the wear. No coupon for the Rimmel polish or Hard Candy polish.

Going from left to right in the photo above:
* Hard Candy Mini Nail Color w/ heart shaped nail file. This polish doesn't have a name listed on the bottle, but it's just a clear polish with silver chunky glitter.
* Eucerin Intensive Repair lotion.
* Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish in #805 Grey Matters
* L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base (primer)
* Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation in #303 True Nude


I also found these cute little bubble baths/shower gels at Wal-Mart in their holiday gift isle. I don't plan to keep these for myself; they're part of my nieces Christmas gift. They actually smell really good and they're super cute - but then again, I love cupcake shaped/themed items! I almost picked one up for me, but I know I'd never use it and it would just sit in my shower looking cute and making me hungry for cupcakes!


Besides my little Wal-Mart haul, I also placed a Sephora order. I really wanted that free clutch with samples (free with any $25 or more purchase). A year ago I ordered Cover FX cream compact foundation (that's not the exact name of it but I can't think of the exact name at the moment). I loved how full coverage it was and the finish (slightly dewy, yet still natural), but the shade wasn't right for me at all. It was too light. I exchanged it for a different foundation and brand all together, even though I wanted to try a different shade. But now that my skin is awful again I need that complete coverage so I'm going to give it another go. This time I ordered a shade darker than last time. I also ordered some nail polish there (one of the Sephora by OPI polishes and three Sephora polishes that were on sale for $1).

Swatches and reviews of all the products in the haul will come to the blog soon!


Also...

The website was not updated last night (Sunday) but it will be updated later this evening. If you order today and quality for the shopping promo that is still listed on the website you will still receive it (even though it says the offer expired yesterday). A new shopping promo is coming soon (another free gift offer).

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)