November 2, 2010

Essie Drying Drops & Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (review)

Hello, Beautiful!

While on a recent shopping trip to Target I decided to pick up a box of Essie Drying Drops. I've read plenty about them, mostly good things, but for some reason I waited this long to purchase them.

Now that I've used them, I don't think I can do another manicure without them! One of my biggest pet peeves is how my nails always get messed up every single time I paint them. It doesn't matter how thin of coats I use, or how long I wait in-between coats, they'll get messed up one way or another. Little scratches, dents, or finger prints... always!

Now I no longer need to worry! Just a drop or two of Essie Drying Drops and my nails dry within seconds... SECONDS!!! This is one of those desert island products; you know, the kind of product that is so good you don't want to live without it.

I'm in love with Essie Drying Drops! I can now paint my nails, apply the drops, and get on with my busy life. The only thing I didn't like was how messy it is. It can drip down your fingers, but it's not something that stains or looks messy. It will wipe right off and even if you don't wipe it off it disappears. It's really not something that bothers me all that much; it's just a bit messy.

The same day I purchased the Essie Drying Drops (which, by the way, cost $14.99), I also picked up Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (it was on sale at Sally's for $6.50). I've heard a lot more about this product, but I personally don't like it as much. It took longer to dry my nails (compared to Essie Drying Drops), but it still helped speed along the process. The one thing I did like was how it protected my nails. I lightly touched my nail after applying this (about 20 seconds or so after) and normally that would leave a finger print but it basically acted as a force field and no finger print was left behind.

Out of the two I will definitely repurchase the Essie Drying Drops. I don't think I'd repurchase the Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, but my mind could change.


Do you own either of these drying formulas? If so, which one do you own and what do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)